Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mock Accident 2008

Helena started volunteering with the local ambulance corp in 2006 when she was 16. It started out as her graduation project (required number of community service hours and a written report) and she got bit by the bug to pursue it. She's been promoted from a junior observer to a senior observer; she's been First Aid/CPR/AED certified (a requirement in order to physically be on the ambulance and help out during her shifts) and is now anxiously waiting to take the EMT class as soon as it's offered! :):) She definitely takes after my mom! My mom was a nurse, then an EMT, then went to being a Paramedic/IV Tech/Firefighter (and not just any firefighter, but the first female firefighter for the city) for the fire department in the small town we lived in while I was growing up. (Haha, and I took after my dad.... his whole life was "law enforcement" aka cop and detective! The best job I ever had was working "behind the law enforcement scenes" as a correctional officer, but that's another story for another time...... LOL)

Back to Helena...... last month while I was in Texas, the local corp along with the community fire departments (which, by the way, are volunteer too!) held a mock accident for training. So..... I had to put together a layout. Helena enjoyed the experience; you can see her "working" in the bottom photo on the layout. I only had one scrapkit that was close to the theme and unfortunately, it's more law enforcement than emergency medical services. Maybe I can get Beth to whip something up since she's over there creating up a storm :wink:

As always, please click on layout to view larger image. Thanks for looking! Comments are always appreciated :)



credits: Template by Kellie Puddy; Who Done It Kit by Mary Frans; binder clip from Recycling Bin Bits Element Pack by Miss Mint; Pen created by SerenitySheri (yep, that's me!). Fonts used are Pea Sarahloo and Mcgannahan



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to check out your blog when I got your message. Looks like you've got the scrap booking bug like I do! Great layouts, and a great job on your pen, too!

Mieneke van der Salm said...

Awesome Layout!! I remember when Helena first started volunteering! Can't believe it's been 2 years lol
Hugs,
Mieneke