Saturday, June 21, 2008

Proud American

This is my oldest daughter, Whitney, after she graduated from U.S. Army Basic Combat Training last year. We had a few hours one morning before dropping her off at her AIT, so we walked around the Petersburg National Battlefield. She's got her first deployment to Iraq coming up towards the end of the year.

This was for a challenge over at CLD. The challenge was "white space", or... create a layout leaving "empty space" so the focus is on the photo. I think I've got 100 various photos from when we went down to South Carolina and then to Virginia for her graduation, and this is definitely my favorite photo!

:::sigh::: She is scheduled for her first deployment to Iraq. She should be leaving in September for Mississippi to start her 4 months training, and tentatively leaving for Iraq shortly after the start of the new year. :::sigh:::

Please click on the layout to see if in a larger version. Comments are always appreciated :)




Credits: White paper from Amy Teets' "Whitie Tighties" paper pack; Jolly Old Alpha (slightly recolored) from Jeanette Bollinger Designs; Red & White & Blue Danglements by Rina Kroes (it's a June Newsletter Freebie); font used: Pea Cara

1 comment:

Mieneke van der Salm said...

Awesome! I love this pic.
I think you did the white space bit great!
Hugs,
Mieneke