A couple photos I took last year when the girls and I toured the Berkeley Plantation in Charles City, VA. The sign in the bottom photo states "Site Of First Thanksgiving in America. First Whiskey Distillery 1621. One of the first ship yards in the New World. 18 Gun Man of War was constructed here for the Revolutionary War. Lincoln landed here in 1862 to confer with General McClelland and to view the troops."
FYI: a bit more history of Berkeley Plantation (I didn't leave enough room to journal it on there) includes: 1) Birthplace of William Henry Harrison, 9th U.S. President and Benjamin Harrison V, Signer of the Declaration of Independence; 2) Ancestral Home of Benjamin Harrison, 23rd U.S. President; 3) "Taps" was composed at Berkeley Plantation. www.berkeleyplantation.com
(click on LO to see larger image)
credits: Frames (recolored) and journaling block from Sense of Wonder Kit by Lynn Griffin; Stitching and note paper from Ilétaitunefoi Kit by Petit Moineaux; Flowers, ribbons and papers from Tendrement Kit by Petit Moineaux; April08 Pagemap from www.pagemaps.com; Font: Vlaanderen Round
Thanks for looking. Comments appreciated :)
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment