My lil angelface has had a rough start to life (not counting she was born on April Fool's Day). She ingested some meconium during labor. The neonatal team was standing by during delivery and immediately suctioned her out as soon as they were able to get to her airway. She stayed on oxygen for a good eight hours because every time they tried to remove it, her blood oxygen level would drop way too low. There was concern that they'd have to admit her over to NICU for a few days. By midnight she seemed to be doing better, so they let Matt go into the nursery and give her a bath and about an hour later brought her to the room so Lizzy could finally hold her. Lizzy lost a bit more blood than they liked and got very pale, so she wound up getting a couple units of blood to get her back up to par. I talked with Lizzy tonight and both mom and baby are doing great! She says my lil angelface is a dream, not fussy at all, and taking to breastfeeding pretty well.
Speaking of breastfeeding... can anyone out there help me out with info on a breast pump? Best brand for the money? I've checked out walmart online and the more affordable (aka cheaper) electronic pumps don't seem to come with very good reviews. I wanna make sure she gets one that's gonna work good and last, especially since it looks like I'll be the one making the (unexpected) purchase and well, since hubby just got laid off from work, funds are extremely tight - almost nonexistent - right now. Does anyone know if state insurance (medicaid) will cover the rental of one from a hospital supply store? Thankfully, she's on WIC, but WIC only helps out by giving a manual breast pump and since she plans on getting back to work as soon as she can, we both think an electric one is gonna be the better option.
Anywhoooo..... I'll close now with my very first scrapbook layout. But first, I must admit that I'm a bit embarrassed because I'm a psp tagger and used to working on a 600x600 pixel canvas. I had problems working on something that's 12x12 inch because it's sooooo huge and I was getting lost in my own canvas LOL I figure we're really not going to be printing these off, but just putting them on a CD/DVD, so I resized it to a 900x900 pixel canvas but I'm still not sure about all this layout size stuff LOL.
Regardless my sizing issues, I must say..... I'm pretty darn proud of this layout!! Please click on the image below to see the larger size (you'll also have to zoom in on your browser!). I'd love to read your feedback so please leave me some comments :)

Layout Credits:
Tout Doux Kit by AmelieScrap, Picture Frame from Funky Floral Kit by Leah Riordan Designs, Stars Ribbon from Twinkle Toes Kit by Miss Mint, Journal Stamp, Angel Face Sticker and Stick Pin from Candy Fairway Kit by Miss Mint, Stitched Felt Alpha by Melany Violette, Swirly Que from Wild Sorbet Kit by Michelle Coleman
Tout Doux Kit by AmelieScrap, Picture Frame from Funky Floral Kit by Leah Riordan Designs, Stars Ribbon from Twinkle Toes Kit by Miss Mint, Journal Stamp, Angel Face Sticker and Stick Pin from Candy Fairway Kit by Miss Mint, Stitched Felt Alpha by Melany Violette, Swirly Que from Wild Sorbet Kit by Michelle Coleman






10 comments:
Sheri...the layout is awesome! You did a wonderful job! But that Beautiful lil girl makes it even better!! :)
Hugs,
Kelly
thank you so much Kelly!! Hugs, Sheri
Your layout is just gorgeous Sheri!! What I've learned so far about layouts is that most resize to about 600 when they post them in the galleries anyway.. so yours is just fine :) I've had a bit of trouble adjusting the sizes myself.. so don't worry :) You did great!!
thank you so much Julie!! and thanks for the tips :):) Hugs, Sheri
Oh I think it's fabulous hun!! She's so precious :D I'm so excited for you :D
thank you so much Mien :):) Hugs, Sheri
Sheri....Your LO is absolutely gorgeous and your granddaughter is so precious..she's a doll!
It's funny how grandbabies can spike your interest in scrapbooking...lol. My first layout was of my grandson...hehe.
Have a blast sweetie! Awesome layout!
xoxo
Thank you so much Flimsy :):) Hugs, Sheri
Sheri your grand daughter is so adorable! Have fun while you are out there spoiling her!
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2403113
That a link to a breast pump that I used and is very good in my opinion. As long as it is cared for properly and cleaned properly they last. I still have mine and plan to use it for the next baby as it still looks brand new. Is has a cord or you can use batteries while you are out, and that is what I adored most as I didnt have to worry about buying one I could use outside of the home. (Not sure if there are others that are like that or not).
This one was recommended to me by a friend who had used it, and I wouldnt chose another one if I were paid to.
Again I hope you enjoy your trip and stay safe!
Hugs,
Jen
Thank you so much Jen! Hugs, Sheri
Post a Comment