Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Remembering Sweet Pea

Today marks the one year anniversary since our furbaby Sweet Pea passed on to Rainbow Bridge and it still hurts like hell. Sweet Pea was diagnosed with Feline Hepatic Lipidosis (Fatty Liver Disease). It is a horrible disease. By the time you know your cat is ill (especially in an overweight cat such as Sweets was), it's so advanced that there is little hope for trying to reverse it.



We miss you so much Sweet Pea. Annie still walks around crying out for you. She curls up in your favorite spot on the floor in front of the heater after she's walked the house looking for you. I'm so sorry sweetie, I wish I had been stronger to do things different that weekend so you wouldn't have suffered so much. I will never forget the feeling of your last soft breath on my cheek as you left this world. We will see you again, whole and healthy, at Rainbow Bridge.

1 comment:

Kerrin said...

Sorry for the loss of your furbaby.
They sure do become part of the family in a big way.

I know what a hole it will leave in our family when the day comes we have to let our 'baby' Malcolm go.

It's just awful watching them suffer - hubby's kitty has the early stages of cancer in her ears & nose so every vet visit we wonder if it will be the last.

Hugs