Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update on Dad

Mom called a little while ago, dad is not doing good at all. She says he's gone backwards since I spoke to her last night :(

He's wanting to sleep all the time; they wake him up and he falls back to sleep 30 seconds later. He's not eating at all, and the paralysis on the right side is much worse now.

They repeated the CT scan and compared it to the original scan done at the original ER in New Mexico to see if they can find out what's going on. The only difference that was noticeable was the Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) showed up on this second scan where it didn't show up on the original. The AVM was diagnosed over a year ago and is located behind his nasal cavity. The neurosurgeon he saw said that it was something he was born with and that there was no surgery available to correct it, but also said that since he was born with it, he would probably die with it but not from it. They are finally going to bring in a neurologist to see him (which, in my opinion should have been done from day one last week).

I'm scheduled to leave Thursday morning via Greyhound (it was the only way I could afford to get down there). It's going to be a 42 hour bus ride so I won't make it there until Saturday morning. I pray that I make it there in time to see my dad and in one piece.

Please continue to keep my dad in your prayers; thanks!

No comments: