Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More news on dad and a greeting card layout

Neurologist spoke w/ mom a little while ago. Dad did not have a stroke; it's definitely a large brain tumor on the left side of the brain. They've moved dad to the acute care wing in the hospital. They will be doing bloodwork to check his PSA level and not sure when, but they will be doing a biopsy as well as a bone scan to see if the prostrate cancer has metastasized to the bones. He's on medication to try and reduce the swelling in the brain as well as medication to prevent seizures.

At this time, I'm not sure how soon they plan on doing the biopsy but I do know that things are moving at a very rapid rate. With the new medication, he seems to be more alert now than he was 24 hours ago. I spoke with him on the phone very briefly as I didn't want to upset him, but it was still a very upsetting phone call for both of us. With a lot of struggle, he was able to tell me he loved me and other than that, he just kept saying "yep" to acknowledge what I was saying to him.

Knowing all this now, and looking back to the level of care he got at the original ER back home, there are ALOT of questions that these ER people better be prepared to answer..... GRRR!

Thank you all so very much for your continued prayers and support. I'm at my wits end and your support means the world to me; it's pretty much the glue that's holding me together at the moment.

Couldn't sleep last night so I threw myself into a greeting card layout challenge over at CLD. The original is perfect size to fit into a standard invitation envelope that can be picked up at a store like OfficeMax. (stop by CLD and see how you can pick up the original, plus many more). Please remember, this layout below is not snaggable as per my TOU's. Thank you!


No comments: